1. Stock nothing unhealthy in the cupboard. At least then when I scoff things they will be moderately healthy.
2. Try to stop and think about why I'm eating. Am I actually hungry? This doesn't always work but it does sometimes make me eat consciously.
3. When I bake a treat, save a small portion for myself and take the rest directly to a friend's house.
4. Don't bake any treats.
5. Drink lots of water. Sometimes I find that this fills me up and stops me from eating too much.
6. Do something that is pleasurable and doesn't involve food. Maybe go for a walk or paint.
7. Try to eat slowly. We just started having dinner after Scarlett goes to bed so we don't have to rush it and get indigestion.
8. Stop buying Carmen's Yogurt and Fruit Muesli Bars. They are ridiculously delicious and too morish. They may be healthier than other treats but is it ok to eat three in one sitting?
All these things help but I have to stay mindful of them, or else, chocolate feast! I want to relish a small treat now and then, not treat chocolate like a cigarette that I need to get me through the day. Do any other mum's have any ideas on combatting overeating?