Sunday, May 8, 2011

Art Project: Creating Intentions


A few years ago I made a large collage of things I wanted in my life. It was a mixture of words, drawings and magazine pictures that symbolised situations and events that I intended to manifest. Believe it or not, this creative project wasn’t inspired by The Secret. It was a fun experiment to see if my dreams could come true if I visualised them clearly enough.

I recently found the collage as I was moving house. It was a couple of years old and a bit dusty but it gave me such a lift to realise that most of the things I had visualised were now a reality in my life. At the time I made it, I had just come out of a depressing relationship. I had no money and a fairly boring job. I now have a wonderful man, a beautiful daughter, am financially comfortable, artistically productive and I just landed a job working from home as a journalist. All these ‘dreams’ were right there in front of me, on my collage. Finding it made me realise the importance of keeping my eye on what is really important. So today, I made another collage.

This one is a lot more focused on ‘being’ rather than ‘having’. After a few years of experimenting with ways to manifest my dreams I have discovered that:

• Intending to ‘be’ kind rather than wishing others would be kind to me is a lot more effective
• Intending to have the motivation to stick to yoga and meditation is more helpful than wishing for a calmer mindset
• Intending to create art from the heart is more effective than hoping someone will discover my talents and pay me lots of cash
• Thinking about what I can experience (travel/scuba diving/yoga retreat) with more money is more effective than just having lots of money in the bank

Creating my intention poster was so much fun and made me focus on what’s important. My dreams and intentions are much simpler now – have a nice vegie patch, stick to my yoga, grow as an artist. I now look forward to the day I can dust off this collage and see that all my dreams have become a reality.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! As I started reading I was already thinking about what I want to "have" on my board when I reached your point about "being" so now that's really got me thinking. I like the way you approach your dreams and goals and take it to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only more people reaslised that we really can make our dreams come true...simply by visualising and believing. It's a wonderful power that we all have, and the growth that happens as we journey towards our deepest desires is even more amazing than the actual attainment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful you ! Beautiful daughter & your blog ! I found done helpful stuff that I needed to hear right at this time. Do you have an email address where I can talk more ?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. infertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been  blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and also I was suffering from brain cancer which I also explain to Dr Itua so he prepared herbal medicine for me which I drank for two weeks to cure my brian cancer so if you are suffering from any kind of diseases you can contact Dr Itua herbal center to get your cure successfully,  i am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Epilepsy, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Lupus, ALS, HPV, Erectile dysfunction, Menstrual Cramp, Get Your Ex Back,  If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital issues.He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete